Having spent my whole life as a Catholic discussing things, chattering, especially the Vatican Council, I think it should be time to act, fine to talk about the Church and the world but let's start to think about bringing Christ into the world. I like this video about a street artist, I would love the employ him for a week or two, to paint shrines around Brighton,
but there are other things we can do.
- One things I must do is to put a crucifix or a statue in a window.
I really have an aversion to the Blessed Sacrament flash mob thing, it seems demeaning to take the Lord out of a suitcase but there are proper Corpus Christi Processions. However I have no problem with
- Marian flash mobs,
- Crucifix flash mobs,
- Gregorian chant flash mobs,
Our religion is rich in signs a symbols we should use them
- Does anyone know where I can get some cheap Rosaries and Rosary cards? In the Year of Faith it would be great distribute a few thousand.
- The same with miraculous medals, does anyone have a source? I love the idea of blessing tons of them and getting people to pass them on.
- I remember in Athens seeing a huge bowl of sweets outside of a church with a sign saying something like "Today is the feast of St Xxxx, share in her sweetness". We could put up statue of Our Lady and do the same thing.
- Then there are mass distributions of prayer cards
Getting people to pray together is a bit difficult,
- I must get a supply of little bottles for Lourdes water and encourage people to pray with the sick.
- We have the November blessing of graves here in Brighton, I'll try and get more people go
- We must also get people to pray there at Easter especially with lapsed friends and encourage people to take Paschal Water and Easter candles for the graves.
We can't keep our church open all the time, things get stolen, drug addicts use it to shoot up in and leave syringes around
- We could get people to open up the church and advertise the times the previous week
- I would like to celebrate the Office, preferably sing it but the books are so expensive, does anyone know of any online resources?
One of the things we will start doing is go and say the Rosary outside the local abortion clinic, I do it myself occasionally but during the Year of Faith it would be good to get others to come with me.
If anyone has anymore ideas for Acts of Faith leave them in the Combox.