Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mary's Prayers

Pray for the soul of Kate whose Requiem takes place today.
She seems to have been extremely vivacious, the heart of a large family she always described herself as "lapsed" from her youth. She came to midnight Mass once a year. She died after a short illness surrounded by her family, laughing and joking, not sad or frightened but as she was dying she was saying the Hail Mary over and over again.
It was this that made her family desperately want a Requiem Mass for, and me more than pleased to offer it.

6 comments:

Pablo the Mexican said...

Other 'Churches' are lots of fun to belong to, but Holy Mother Church is the one to die in.

I said the three Hail Marys for her soul.

Que Dios te bendiga, Padre.

*

Pablo the Mexican said...

*

O MOST MERCIFUL JESUS, Lover of souls I pray Thee, by the agony of Thy most Sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of Thine Immaculate Mother, cleanse in Thine Own Blood the sinners of the whole world who are now in their agony and who are to die this day. Amen.

HEART OF JESUS, once in agony, have pity on the dying.

Every time I hear of someone's death, I remember what is inscribed on the headstone of Al Capone, the American gangster:

"My Jesus, mercy!"

*

John Smeaton, SPUC director said...

How very moving, Father. Thank you.

georgem said...

There is hope at the last and Our Lady of infinite compassion will have heard and not ignored her. I will add to her prayers, God rest her soul.

Anonymous said...

May she rest in peace. Praying also for those who care for Kate.
[Valerie, NZ]

Gigi said...

It's the anniversary of my Mum's passing next week and this post has just reminded me that she was housebound and then wheelchair-bound for the last few years of her life. She was unable to get to her local Catholic church by herself. but she told me that even if she couldn't get to church, she knew where God was and he knew where she was. God bless Kate and her family; I'm sure God welcomes vivaciousness.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...