Friday, July 24, 2009

Abbaye de Solesmes



I was looking for something on the Solesmes Chant Summerschool where our "music minister" was this week. I couldn't find anything but I thought some of you might enoy this video. Actually you might see more here than Clare does, being a woman, more a Directrix of the Schola than a minister of music, she has had to stay outside the monastic enclosure in some eighteen star hotel rather than being admitted to the hard beds and meagre food of the monastic guest house.
She is there with Bara Brith, a Blackfen parishioner.

5 comments:

gemoftheocean said...

"she has had to stay outside the monastic enclosure in some eighteen star hotel rather than being admitted to the hard beds and meagre food of the monastic guest house."

Father, I'm quite sure Clare "offered it up." Rough penance, but someone had to do it! I'm sure she had an extra cocktail at Vespers just in your honor.

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Fr Ray..you are my priest of the week for the next 2 weeks!

me said...

Blimey o'reilly! Do they do eighteen star hotels these days?

leutgeb said...

Tough stuff, Father.

We did get to hear lots and lots of singing, Graduale Triplexes in hand, brows furrowed, ears scutinising episimes.

Thanks for the link.

Crux Fidelis said...

In my experience, the food in monastery guest houses is rarely meagre. Unappetising sometimes, but there's always plenty of it. The beds are usually lumpy rather than hard. No harm in a bit of self mortification.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...