Thursday, June 25, 2009

Metropolitans who will receive the Pallium


Zenit lists the names of the Metropolitan Archbishops who will receive the Pallium on Monday, the Feast of St Peter and Paul.


Ten of the archbishops from North America:

-- Allen Vigneron of Detroit, Michigan
-- Timothy Dolan of New York
-- Robert Carlson of St. Louis, Missouri

-- George Lucas of Omaha, Nebraska
-- Gregory Aymond of New Orleans, Louisiana

-- Pierre-André Fournier of Rimouski, Quebec
-- John Michael Miller of Vancouver, British Columbia

-- Domingo Díaz Martínez of Tulancingo, Mexico
-- Víctor Sánchez Espinosa of Puebla de Los Angeles, Mexico
-- Carlos Aguiar Retes of Tlalnepantla, Mexico.

Seven of the archbishops are from South America:

-- Ismael Rueda Sierra of Bucaramanga, Colombia
-- Manuel Felipe Díaz Sánchez of Calabozo, Venezuela
-- José Luis Escobar Alas of San Salvador, El Salvador

-- Sérgio da Rocha of Teresina, Brazil
-- Maurício Grotto de Camargo of Botucatu, Brazil
-- Gil Antônio Moreira of Juiz de Fora, Brazil
-- Orani João Tempesta of San Sebastián do Río de Janeiro, Brazil.

Eight are from Europe:

-- Vincent Nichols of Westminster, England
-- Andrzej Dziega of Szczecin-Kamien, Poland
-- Carlos Osoro Sierra of Valencia, Spain
-- Braulio Rodríguez Plaza of Toledo, Spain

-- Giuseppe Betori of Florence, Italy
-- Salvatore Pappalardo of Syracuse, Italy
-- Domenico Umberto D'Ambrosio of Lecce, Italy.
-- Mieczyslaw Mokrzycki of the Latin Archdiocese of Lviv, Ukraine.

Six are from Africa:

-- Philippe Ouédraogo of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
-- Ghaleb Moussa Abdalla Bader of Algiers, Algeria
-- Joseph Yapo Aké of Gagnoa, Ivory Coast

-- Paul Mandla Khumalo of Pretoria, South Africa
-- Marcel Utembi Tapa of Kisangani, Congo
-- Philip Naameh of Tamale, Ghana.

Finally, three are from Asia:

-- Francis Xavier Kriengsak Kovithavanij of Bangkok, Thailand
-- Albert Malcolm Ranjith Patabendige Don of Colombo, Sri Lanka
-- Anicetus Bongsu Antonius Sinaga of Medan, Indonesia.

3 comments:

Fr Ray Blake said...

Bernardette, C-A-L-M down!

Bernadette said...

Well, I'm quite calm (I think!) Fr Ray ! Almost alseep actually and sightly bored. I am sat by the bed of a young friend who is dying tonight (she is sharing in the dicsussion too !) so I am very calm really. In fact, I am slightly bored in some ways. It will be a long night.

Erm... What is it I have said that is so erm.... hysterical ? please tell me. I am intrigued ..?

Your selective posts have painted me out to be quite mad ! I've got friends twittering and e-mailing from all over aksing what on earth I have said to upset you !

I have to be honest and say " I really don't know ! But be nice to him he is a good priest."

Anyway, I suspect it could be a long night so, fear not, I will not be plaguing or stalking you ! I'll get in touch with my lower hmeispehere friends. They should be waking around now.

God Bless etc.

Bernadette.

Fr Ray Blake said...

I can't actually remember today what you were saying but the tone was aggressive and hectoring, not like you normally!

I'll pray for your friend

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...