Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Jubilee, a video

Sergey Budaev prepared this video of excerpts of the Jubilee Mass, the choir were our own schola and the Brighton Chamber Choir, directed by Jane Money, I heard them at their practice beforehand they were splendid, I didn't really hear them during Mass, too buy praying, so it is good to listen to them here.
It is also so good to see what the servers were doing, the excellent Dominic Scarbrough had less than an hour to show them what to do, most had never served in the Extraordinary form before.
I am very grateful to everyone who helped make this such a wonderful day, including my marvellous parishioners who organised the reception.
God is good to me!

8 comments:

Father Mark said...

Dear Father,

Heartfelt best wishes on the occasion of your jubilee! I unite my prayer of thanksgiving to yours. Abundant blessings on your priesthood.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful that was. I WISH I had been able to be there.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent Fr Ray! Many congratulations! Don't think i'm gonna make our 25 years on May 28th!

Ttony said...

God is good indeed!

Lucky old Brighton.

Physiocrat said...

Excellent video, good camera angles, good selection of shots, good editing and continuity. Conveys the atmosphere of the event very well.

Do we have a budding film-maker in our midst?

gemoftheocean said...

Beautiful video. Many thanks, to Sergey, for putting it together. Much appreciated.

becket said...

Absolutely beautiful Father!. I wish I could have been there. Hope to see more. God Bless you Father. Makes me want to get back to England for a vacation soon.

Damien said...

Father

Excellent! Congratulations to Sergey.

I hope you can arrange for the video to go on YouTube so that many others can share the wonderful occasion.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...