Saturday, May 02, 2009

Guess who I Met?

Barcelona Cathedral has geese in the cloister, they are connected with St Eulalia whose relics are in the confessio below the High Altar. I suspect originally they honoured the Canons on her feast day.
Though so many of the clergy were martyred during the Civil War the interior of the Cathedral was spared, being in the hands of the Communists rather than Anarchist.

I hadn't realised St Raymond of Penafort is a resident. Nice to meet unexpected Saints, especially if they share your name.

3 comments:

old believer said...

Fish supper available too!

Jane Teresa said...

You've got some marvellous pictures here, Father. I love the one of St. Raymond, and of Don Juan's glorious ship in the post above. I'm glad you had a good trip.

The Bones said...

Bravo!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...