Sunday, December 16, 2007

Not Pink

Pope Benedict XVI consecrates the altar as he celebrates a mass during his visit to the church of St. Mary of the rosary in Rome, Sunday.
Some will be thinking that he chose to consecrate an altar , and wear white vestments today, rather than wearing the "pink" rose coloured chasuble which he was made to wear last year for Gaudete Sunday. Of course if I were Pope i would refuse to wear "pink" and to consecrate ugly Churches. Isn't the diocese of Rome and the Catholic Church fortunate that he is and I am not!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No harm in a bit of pink..kinda fetching on Fr Philip today!

Anonymous said...

Pope Benedict's face in that first picture says it all - 'I didn't choose this colour' is written all over his face!

In my own parish today I noticed that the vestments were not rose and I don't think I have ever seen rose vestments.

Anonymous said...

mrs parkes - the liturgical term is rose - pink does not appear in the roman church. just for clarification..

Anonymous said...

That table is just begging for a sledgehammer. Looks like the designer has spent too much time on his computer playing Tetris.

Anonymous said...

Fr.......Thank God for the humility of our Holy Father......he is gracious and wore what was laid out for him......I don't think you should loose sleep anticipating a vote in any future conclave.

Fr Ray Blake said...

last anon.,
Quite right, he sees himself truly as a servant of the Church.

Il Poverello said...

I've only ever seen priests wearing rose vestments at EF form masses. Never in the modern rite. I also love the Betjeman lines about the Baroque anglo-catholicism of the 30's.

"Fiddleback chasubles in mid-lent pink,
Scandalised Rome and protestants alike"

Anonymous said...

I like the work top, it'd look nice in my kitchen.

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...