Monday, November 12, 2007

L'Abbaye Notre Dame de Fontgombault



Enjoy this video, it is French. The images are are quite beautiful, especially the procession of the 70/80 of monks and individual Masses in the early morning. See their webpage.

ADVERT
One of my parishioners has translated a rather beautifully illustrated book on the monastery copies are available from Mr E Bysh tel. o1273 685232 or Mr N Hinton 01273 675776. The cost is £7.75, plus £1 pp in the UK.



I found this video on a site called Love to be Catholic, there are lots of other Catholic Videos have a look

7 comments:

JARay said...

Thank you Fr. Ray.,
I played it through twice in order to overcome the buffering the first time.
I also enjoyed the film "Into Great Silence" which I saw about three months ago. I feel that I am, or want to be, there with them, singing the Divine Office, which I have always loved.
Thank you again.
JARay

Anonymous said...

Loved the hunchback of Notre Dame start.

Anonymous said...

I too am afflicted by buffering - whatever that is. I spent a blissful week at Fontgombault after I was received into the Church. Truly the house of God and the gate of heaven.

Anonymous said...

i like the site you recommend..i'm trying to get the blues video onto my blog..

Anagnostis said...

Thank you, Father. The week I spent at Fontgombault continues to sustain and inspire me, 12 years later. Serving one of those Low Masses in that holy place was a privilege I will recall on my deathbed as one of the profoundest of my life.

Sancte Benedicte, ora pro nobis.

Anonymous said...

Benedicite!
the whole video is available from France at DVD#4 at http://www.exaltavit.com/dvd.html ,
as well, the new Foundation of Fongombault in the USA also has an English video online here
www.lovetobecatholic.com/video_392_Benedictine_Monks_in_Oklahoma,_a_new_foundation.html

Anonymous said...

Father, since the lovetobecatholic.com site changed to better servers,and thus different I.P., i see the embedding codes are different, or need to be re posted for thier videos.
http://72.47.209.82/video_438_Abbaye_Notre_Dame_de_Fontgombault.html
pax!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...