Thursday, May 10, 2007

Purpose of this Blog

I started this blog as a "parish magazine", becaused the Catholic Press is so dull and of a very particular stance, and often badly informed. I very much wanted people to be able to read what the Holy Father had been saying and to be a permanent record for my own use. It has become a little more than that, a sought of scrap book of my thoughts, and what I consider interesting, as well.

Recently a few people have ask me advice about starting there own blogs, although I am not an eccliastical democrat, I do feel it is important that people have a say, in some sort of public forum, the blog seems to be a rather easy way of doing this.

I would like to encourage people to participate in discussion, I am not sure how to do this, but I suppose that a reasonable number of the 1,700 people who log on weekly, do post comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello Father, I just found your blog thru the Monk's (Fr. Stephenos? excuse my mispelling) and it sparked my interest since my name is Mary Magdalen :)

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...