Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Prayer Request

I have become anxious about one of our regular commenters, who I rarely publish. I presume they are one of my parishioners, sometimes this person uses a name but generally prefers "anonymous" but always of course the computer address is the same. I don't intend to identify them further, but what is said is always sad and often quite vitriolic. They are obviously someone who has been hurt quite seriously in the past and seem unable to deal with other human beings with any charity, they are equally obviously continuing to hurt themselves spiritually by their bitterness and are definitely in need of a lot of prayer.

I am sure that commenting on blogs is vaguely therapeutic but possibly contacting the Samaritans might be helpful or much better getting along to confession and doing something good for other people. I am not sure what the best way of dealing with this person is, and possibly this post is not the best way. I might well be being uncharitable myself, but I am convinced that a little prayer and a little penance for this person may well help. If she or he wishes to contact me, I am more than willing to do what I can for them.
So say a Decade and do a little penance for "Anonymous".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a blog, so in a parish; a little poison goes along way and does a great deal of damage, not just to others but to the poisoner. If we are in the business of saving souls, then fast and pray and get others to do so too.
Here is a soul in trouble and troubled.

Anonymous said...

Priests not only have to carry their own cross but other people's as well.

Anonymous said...

we are all in some sort of trouble consering God and the world but i say mercy mercy mercy, God came to save the weak the downtroden the poor of this world , courage courage faith in God and all will be well ,yes lets pray pray till your heart sings his glory ,peace to the troubled souls and in Gods faith we will be saved ,trust trust ,God will not let you down....

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...