Sunday, February 04, 2007

A New Eucharistic Mirracle in Lourdes?


Is this host levitating? Is it just a photograph of host sitting on a pile of smaller ones?

see here for the story

This happened in Lourdes in 1999 at a televised Mass, it was downplayed by the French heirarchy and was brought to the attention of a Curia Cardinal, and is now under investigation.
If you look at the pictures, some change seems to take at the consecration, during the Preface the host sit flat on the crock, during the consecration it appears to hover.
It could of course be reaction from God (or a plot by man) to the French Bishops.
Interesting, but if we are talking about levitation I would expect something more spectacular.
I readily admit God tends to be more subtle than me.

8 comments:

Mulier Fortis said...

Maybe Our Lord is in shock... lousy vestments for a bishop, and I don't think much of the pectoral cross either...

;-)

Mulier Fortis said...

see here for the story...

...but Father, me no speaka da lingo!

Fr Ray Blake said...

Mac,
I've added a bit to the story, my Italian is pretty poor too, a deprived education.
As for the liturgical vestments and vessels, I appologise if they shock reader's sensitivities. I should have issued a warning but it is exactly the situation a miracle is needed in.

Anonymous said...

If you can only comment on the vestments it shows there is something seriously wrong with your understanding of a possible Eucharistic miracle.

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, the horizantalism of vestments and vessels seem almost a denial of the divine presence, therefore a fitting situation for a miracle. They worth commenting on.
They do shock my sensitivities.

Anonymous said...

Transubstantiation is dead, i guess. That bread was, or soon was to be, Our Lord, but you tut at the clothes the priest is wearing? what are we supposed to be looking at here?

Fr Ray Blake said...

It is not so much the vestments but the liturgical vessels that concern me. They seem to be designed to appear unfit for the Mass, the chalices are obviously lined with preceious metal but do not appear to be so, I have been trying to work out what the large bin like vessel in the other photographs is. Like M of 4, I think it all speaks of horizantalism.

pharaon said...

http://prodigeeucharistique.blogspot.com/
please look at this

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...